Monday 9 April 2012

More packaging templates

Here are three templates that helped me decide what box I wanted to make and what the theme of the game would be. As I began to look at different templates for boxes and packaging templates some really jumped out at me. All four of the following templates and designs came from the same book, as I tried to make them it gave me some an idea of what I want my packaging shape to be like.



I found this template in another book full of boxes, it looks similar to a treasure chest when put together. It is a bit hard at parts to put together but if thicker card was used it would work well.



This template is different it is a rectangular kind of shape that is easy to open and close with a tab . I like this box but I don't know if it would work well for using the pictionary theme as part of the packaging.


EVERGREEN, Big Book of Boxes 2009, Paco Asensio, Spain


This template is very simple, but sometimes simple is the way to go. I think in this instant it probably is the best way to go. It looks like a treasure chest, the tab doesn't hold the box together though and it was a bit difficult the keep it together once being placed together.
After seeing all these templates and boxes that look similar to a treasure chest and as I was thinking about different themes that children like, the pirate theme came to mind. I think it might be a good idea to make the packaging interesting but still quite simple in design.










Laszlo, R, Wybenga, G 2006, The Packaging Designer's Book of Patterns, John Wiley &Sons Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment